It's very important to get it updated with latest features all the time
for seamless usage experience.
Get Latest Quickbooks Version 2021 Now
Accounting Begins with Quickbooks
QuickBooks is an innovative tool for accounting and bookkeeping. However, it is vital for you to upgrade the current version to make the most of this software. Business trends and technology changes over time and our solutions will likewise be updated to properly manage your company. And fortunately, Intuit – QuickBooks’s manufacturer, recognizes the need for updates.
You can achieve your business objectives using a suitable QuickBooks product with proper time to time maintenance. Intuit offers QuickBooks updates or upgrades that can be downloaded online. These updates are also known as maintenance releases or “patches,” which are the free releases of products that serve to improve program features and fix numerous problematic areas. You should not miss out on updates, because updates provide substantial new functions or features to the application.
Check if You Have The Latest Version of Quickbooks
Use this quick tip to verify whether you are using the latest version of Quickbooks or not.
1- Open the desktop.
2- To open the Product Info window click F2 (or Ctrl+1).
3- Review and verify your current version.
Here are some of the Versions of QB chronologically.
Benefits of Updating Your Quickbooks Software
-> You will be able to experience Advanced User Management Features after each update of the software.
-> Functionality developments like the addition of more admins or staff come with new updates.
->Tax 1099 NEC and MISC can be fixed with Quickbooks updates.
Bug and Error Fixes:
We all are aware of different sets of errors that often come up in the Quickbooks software, these can be eradicated after the upgrade of the software. Some of the issues and errors that have been fixed in the latest release have been mentioned below.
Best Ways to Update Your Quickbooks Desktop Software
You can use several techniques to download the update from the Internet. Ensure that you have a fast internet connection to feel uninterrupted. Here are your options:
- 1- Automatic QuickBooks Update Method (default setting)
- 2- On the spot Update Method
- 3- Release Download
- 4- Manual QuickBooks Update
After downloading these updates, all the required files and folders on your computer start to get installed in the correct spot. When you launch your Quickbooks after the download, you will receive a message for the installation of the update. You may also need to close and reboot QB to allow upgrades.
Method 1: Automatic QuickBooks Update Method
This is an easy way to install updates. The new Intuit server upgrades are found on QuickBooks itself. When you do not work or use the internet, the updates are then downloaded automatically. This occurs as a result of an accounting software default, which allows Intuit’s server to automatically download updates. However, if you do not desire to update QuickBooks, you can prevent the automatic update.
Here’s How to Configure Automatic QuickBooks Update
- 1- Select QuickBooks Desktop Updating from the Help menu.
- 2- Go to the Register for Update Now.
- 3- Tip: To delete any past updating downloads, you may choose the Reset Update checkbox.
- 4- To start the download, choose to Get Updates.
- 5- Upon completion of the download, restart the QuickBooks.
- 6- Once the updated version is installed, accept the choice.
Set Automatic Future Updates:
- 1- You can program those updates to download later if you don’t want to get them now.
- 2- Select QuickBooks Desktop Updating from the Help menu.
- 3- Go to the Register for Options.
- 4- To activate automatic updates, choose Yes. Tip: For each machine click Yes if you wish to share your downloads automatically with other computers on your network.
- 5- Choose Close.
Method 2: On The Spot Update Method
This QuickBooks update method allows downloading the software from your Intuit server rapidly. In addition, when downloading updates, you don’t need to have QuickBooks. You can utilize this procedure at any time and download the updates promptly, even if the updates are automatic. Please ensure that at least once a month you check for the changes.
Here’s How to Configure On The Spot Update
- 1- Go to the Help menu and choose ‘Update Quick Books’ to open QuickBooks.
- 2- Click on the tab “Update Now“
- 3- Click “Get Updates,” select the updates you want to receive. In the updates column, you can see more about the upgrade. Tap on the “Maintenance releases” link and the new “changes/improvements” page will appear.
- 4- The QuickBook software closes and restarts it and a popup appears asking you if you would like to apply the update now or later. Click Now (or Yes) to install the update when you encounter the notification.
- After the installation is complete, restart your computer.
Method 3: Release Download
You can select for downloading and installing available updates. if you have problems with the update functionality or don’t want to install updates via the updating option.
For QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier Multi-User Mode
You will have to install updates on all your systems if your organization needs you to run QB Pro or Premier in multi-user mode. Connect and update all systems to the Internet. You can also download and share the update on a network system.
All users should follow the protocol for sharing the updates:
- 1- Open the company files generated by QuickBooks.
- 2- Click on “Update QuickBooks” and go to the “Help menu.”
- 3- Choose “Options.” Select
- 4- To download the Share option, click “Yes.”
- 5- Click “Save” Click.
You can distribute the updates downloaded from all the PCs using the aforesaid techniques. Please note that the updates are downloaded at the company file location by default. Otherwise, you’ll be able to discover updates through the directory or folder that installs the software copy of QuickBooks.
The newly published company file updates can then be installed. Remember that you will be able to access this by the previous version of QuickBooks software only.
Update Quickbooks Desktop
- 1- Click on “QuickBooks Desktop’s newest edition.”
- 2- Open ‘Menu File’ and select “Company Restore”.
- 3- Click ‘First file’ and then click on ‘Subject file.’
- 4- Click and Open the data file.
If you want to move your company file
- 1. Content can be found in the “New version update company file.” Check the box to indicate that you agree, and then click “Maintain Updates.”
- 2. Follow the instructions given to build a file backup.
- 3. Open the newest version of QuickBooks after your company file is updated. Choose “Yes” as soon as you see the “Want to continue?” prompt.
Method 4: Manual Update
- 1. First, shut your company file and QuickBooks Desktop.
- 2. Just right-click on the icon on your QuickBooks Desktop and pick “Run as the administrator.”
- 3. Navigate to the Help menu and then select “Update Quick Books” while you are at the “No Company Open” page.
- 4. Select the “Mark everything” option, go to the “Option” tab.
- 5. Choose now the option “Save.”
- 6. Go to the tab “Actualize now” and mark the “Reset Update box.”
- 7. Now choose here the “update” button.
- 8. You need to quit the QuickBooks software after the complete message is updated.
- 9. If you see an “install update” notification on your computer screen, open your QuickBooks Desktop once again.
- 10. Hit the “Yes” option by clicking.
- 11. Once your package has been installed, restart the system.
Frequently Asked Questions – Quickbooks Update
Q1. How to Update QuickBooks?
Ans. 1- Open QuickBooks and select “Update QuickBooks” from the Help menu.
2- Select the Update Now option from the drop-down menu.
- 3- Click Get Updates after selecting the updates you want to receive.
- 4- After you restart QuickBooks, a popup will appear asking whether you want to apply the update now or later
Q2. How to Update QuickBooks Online?
- 1- To update QuickBooks, go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks.
- 2- Select the Update Now option from the drop-down menu.
- 3- Choose the updates you want to download and then click Get Updates.
- 4- QuickBooks should be closed.
Q3. When I Update QuickBooks, Do I Keep All My Information?
Ans. QuickBooks generates an automated backup of your existing company file before you update. To save the backup in a specified folder, choose Change this default location.
Q4. How to Update Quickbooks on Mac?
- 1- Select Check for QuickBooks Updates from the QuickBooks drop-down menu.
- 2- Select Install Update if a newer version is available.
- 3- Select Install and Relaunch when requested.
- 4- QuickBooks for Mac will launch immediately once you’ve finished.
Q5. How to Update QuickBooks Version?
- 1- Open QuickBooks and select “Update QuickBooks” from the “Help menu.”
- 2- Select the “Update Now” option from the drop-down menu.
- 3- Click “Get Updates” after selecting the updates you want to receive.
- 4- After you restart QuickBooks, a popup will appear asking whether you want to apply the update now or later.
Q6. When is it Best to Update Quickbooks desktop?
Ans. You can update the Quickbooks Desktop as soon as a new maintenance or core update package is released by Quickbooks.