QuickBooks Error 15106 is a type of payroll update error that restricts the update of the QuickBooks versions. This definition is not quite clear to understand the basis of this error so, with this post, we will give you all the essential details with regard to QuickBooks Update Error 15106. From its causes for an occurrence to its solutions have been discussed throughout this post. But first, we will talk a bit about the QuickBooks Accounting software.
QuickBooks, developed by company Intuit in 2012, helps users across the world in accounting activities, management tasks and creating daily reports, keeping tabs on clients’ information, and organization of other inventories. It is easy to use and is used by many companies, firms, start-ups, etc. At present, it is becoming the universal management solution for all these businesses and with passing time, it is covering most of the business sectors with its latest upgrades and advanced features.
With its wide usage, still it has not been found compatible by many users in the world as it has many bugs, technical issues, errors such as installation errors, update errors, connectivity errors, login errors, etc. These obstructions in QuickBooks slow down your work operations and cause delays in your management project reports. In this post, we will target these errors only but our major topic for the day will be QuickBooks Error 15106. In case of any information needed related to this error, you are luckily at the right place and without wasting any more time, we will start to learn together.
Quickbooks Payroll Update Error 15106: Introduction
QuickBooks Error 15106 is an error that occurs in QuickBooks and it does not allow the update of QBs software to its upgraded versions. When this error is existing in your system, you will see a message being displayed on the screen constantly: ‘The update program cannot be opened’. In this error, the updates can be blocked and it shows that the updated software is either corrupted, broken, or damaged.
There can be a lot of factors, causes, and reasons that can lead to Quickbooks support update error 15106. Read below to know more about the existence of this payroll update error in your PC.
Quickbooks Error 15106: Causes of Existence
The list has been given below to assist you with the basic understanding of the reasons and factors behind Quickbooks update support error 15106 in your system.
- The installed antivirus application can block the update as the antivirus detects the QuickBooks update as malicious activity.
- The failure in administrator login can be one of the causes as the system not being in administrator mode is unable to read and write the process of updates.
- Even the Spy sweeper application lies in the webroot antivirus software and it also identifies the updates as a malicious malware activity and can cause QuickBooks Error 15106.
After knowing the causes and reasons for the occurrence of Quickbooks Update Error 15106, you need quick solutions to fix this update error. We are here for you to help and you just need to take a glance at the solutions provided below.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 15106: Solutions
The step-wise solutions below will assist you in fixing this QuickBooks error 15106 quickly. Just read below and follow each and every step carefully.
Solution 1: Log in as an Administrator
- Click on the icon of the QuickBooks software on the desktop screen and access it.
- After this, choose the option Run as Administrator and enter the login credentials of the admin.
With just these two simple steps, you will now be able to read, write and make desired changes in the file as an administrator. So, when you are signed in as an administrator account, then you will not face this QuickBooks Error 15106 and other QuickBooks update error issues.
Solution 2: Turning Off UAC (User Account Control)
- On your keyboard, hold the Windows + R keys and a Run window will appear on your desktop screen.
- After this, in the Run window type in Control Panel and tap Enter.
- Now, select the tab User accounts with the option Classic View.
- You are now required to click on the option Change user account Control Settings. In case you are prompted by User Account Control, then tap on the Yes button to proceed.
- After this, if you need a notification status then put it on the option Always Notify.
- Click on OK to turn off the UAC setup.
- And if you do not need any notification then put it on the option Never Notify, then click on OK to turn off the UAC setup.
- Lastly, you need to restart your PC to complete the process and apply the previous changes done by you.
Solution 3: Installing QuickBooks Software in Selective Start-Up Mode
To resolve the issues of QuickBooks update error 15106, you can always opt for a clean installation of Quickbooks software in selective start-up mode. We have given the steps below for this procedure.
- Firstly, you need to create a backup file of the QuickBooks company file.
- After this, you are required to create a copy of the QBs products and the QuickBooks license info.
- Now, you should start the system in Selective Start-Up Mode and assure yourself that there is no other running QuickBooks-related application in the background.
- You are required to uninstall and install the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Lastly, you must switch back to the normal start-up mode again.
Now, you can check whether the error still remains in your system. If it still exists then, you are advised to quickly come to the next solution below.
Solution 4: Stopping Spy Sweeper Anti-Virus and renaming the QBs folders
This solution is applicable only to users with the Spy Sweeper Antivirus Program in their system. This antivirus can cause some of these errors and we have provided the steps below on how to stop the antivirus and rename the folders. Follow the process given below.
- Firstly, hold the CTRL+Shift+Esc Key on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- After this, you need to go to the tab Processes and you need to find [Antivirus name].exe file. For ex- spy sweeper.exe, There will also be a recommendation for its uninstallation in case the error has occurred.
- Now as you see the Spy Sweeper file in the tab Processes, you need to uninstall or delete it by going to the option Add/Remove Programs in Windows.
- If you are unable to find the Spy Sweeper file then you have an alternative to reach out to Drive C and go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- Lastly, you need to rename to download <nn> old from download <nn> and reset the QuickBooks Software update.
You can also check out: Quickbooks Update 15270 Error and Quickbooks Update 15223 Error
QuickBooks Error 15106 is a type of QuickBooks error and it does not allow the update of QBs software to its upgraded versions. When this error is existing in your system, you will see a message being displayed on the screen constantly: ‘The update program cannot be opened’. In this article, we have tried to cover every aspect related to QuickBooks Error 15106 with its factors behind its occurrence to the quick detailed solutions that will assist any QBs user in troubleshooting any type of payroll update errors existing in your system.
We are hopeful that our article content is promising enough to help you in your troubles. But at times, you might still be stuck with some issues then you are gladly welcome to our official website to read the articles that are related to the technical troubles and issues that you are currently facing in your system.