The payroll feature of QuickBooks is very essential for the user to manage their records and transactions. But the software has many errors that may arise from different triggers. One of the errors among them is QuickBooks error 15222. The error is generally caused by some mistakes while operating payroll operations. Error 15222 QuickBooks is an uncommon error that occurs mainly due to the Critical Fixes, Maintenance Release, and Payroll tax tables while updating the latest version of QuickBooks. If you are also facing the same issue then it is the right page for you. In this article, we will be discussing QuickBooks error 15222 in detail and also share some solutions that will help you to resolve the issue on your own.
So if you or your team is dealing with the issue read the whole article very carefully without skipping any section.
What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
This error generally comes into the picture when the user tries to update the QuickBooks. The error lies in the series 14XXX series. The lack or slow internet connection during the downloading process triggers the QuickBooks Update Error 15222. However, the error might also occur due to other various reasons. The user may also receive other errors while updating their software. If you are getting an update error other than QuickBooks error 15222, then try to check the other blogs on our website.
Another reason for arising the error could be, the QuickBooks online updating service like payroll requires an active version hence ensuring that the version you are using is not the discontinued one.
What triggers QuickBooks Error 15222?
There are several reasons that might be causing the QuickBooks error 15222 to arise. Some of them could be slow internet connections, or missing digital signatures, etc. Below is the complete list that causes the QuickBooks update error 15222. Take a look!
- Any third-party software like firewall applications, antivirus, anti-spyware, or anti-malware sometimes restricts the user from using QuickBooks and blocks the application form using the internet.
- You might be using outdated QuickBooks software like the version of 2015 or any previous one.
- The user is using other browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari to surf the internet. Whereas, it is recommended to only use the default Internet browser.
- It is possible that the user did not log in to the software as login as Administrator.
- The computer you are using might be set as Incorrect Date and Time. This simple mistake might also trigger the QuickBooks error 15222.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15222?
Now since we know the causes and the reasons why the error arises on your computer. It is time to discuss the solutions to resolve the issue from the device. Facing an error in the middle of the work could be very frustrating, hence we have prepared a list of solutions. All the methods are tested and performed to solve error 15222 QuickBooks. If you have little or no knowledge in the technical field, you can still perform the solution very efficiently. So wasting a minute let us directly jump into the solution. Ensure that you follow each step very carefully.
Method 1: Install Digital Signature in Internet Explorer
It is important to install the digital signature in order to use the software. Follow the steps below:
- First of all, open the File Manager on your system.
- Then go to the Program and look for the option Files.
- Click on Intuit and choose QuickBooks.
- Click on QBW32.exe and select the Properties.
- Look for the list of signatures under the option of Digital Signature.
- Tap on the option Details on the digital Signature of Intuit Inc.
- Now View the Certificate option under the Digital Signature Details and tap on the option.
- Open the Certificate windows and click on the Install Certificate.
- To finish the process hit on the Next option.
- Press the Finish button and then restart the computer.
- Now again try to Update the QuickBooks software.
Method 2: Update the QuickBooks Core Data Files
If you have pre-installed antispy or antivirus installed in your system, then try to update the software to allow some exceptions to resolve the issue.
- QBW32.exe and qbupdate.exe process.
- Intuit.com, QuickBooks.com, and Payroll.com domains.
Method 3: Check the Internet Connectivity
To solve the QuickBooks error 15222, make sure that your system has a strong internet connection. Hence verify the connection of the Internet that you are using. To solve the issue check the modem settings and the internet connectivity.
Method 4: Set Default Internet Browser
If you are using another internet browser like Google Chrome or Firefox, then that could be one of the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks error 15222. Hence we need to change the setting and activate the default internet browser.
- Go to the section of Tools and then search for the option Internet Explorer.
- Choose the option.
- Then under the Program tab hit the button of Make Default.
- Press OK to complete the process.
- After that, you can now update the QuickBooks.
Method 5: Turn Off Windows Firewall
To turn off the Windows Firewall follow the steps below:
- Tap on the STart button which you can find at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the option Settings.
- Hit the button of Windows Security.
- Search for the option Firewall and Network Protection option.
- Select the following options ‘Public Network,’ ‘Domain,’ and ‘Private Network’ in sequence.
- After that turn off the Windows Defender Firewall.
You Might Also Like, QuickBooks Update Error 15243: Causes & Easy Solutions(Fixed)
Method 6: Use QuickBooks Tools Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is a tool that can detect and resolve the issue of the software QuickBooks.
- To use the useful tool you first need to download ‘QuickBooks Tools Hub.’
- After successfully downloading, install the tool.
- Shut the tab of QuickBooks.
- And open the downloaded QuickBooks Tools Hub file.
- To install the tool, follow the instructions on the display.
- Carefully, read the terms and conditions and agree to them.
- After the completion of the installation, click on the Tool Hub icon to open it.
- Press the program that has the issue.
- And then hit the option Quick fix my program.
- Open the software QuickBooks Desktop.
- Try to open the data file.
The above-discussed steps are very effortless to perform. Hopefully, these methods helped you to solve the issue in your problem. If to the slightest possibility none of the solutions resolves the error you are facing. Then try to contact the customer care of Intuit QuickBooks. The support team is available for 24X7 to help the user. If you liked the article, we are sure you would also like the other blogs on our website, so go check them now!