QuickBooks is one of the leading retailing software that helps small and big businesses. The software has some amazing tools and features that make the users’ life easy and effortless. However, just like some other software, this one also has some errors that irritate its user from time to time, QuickBooks error 15311 is one of them. It is a payroll error and generally occurs when your system suddenly shuts down while using the software.
If you are also dealing with the same error then it is the end of your worrying. In this article, we will talk about all possible details regarding the error code 15311 QuickBooks. We would discuss the various reasons for the occurrence of the error, symptoms, and also the solutions. So without wasting any more time, let us directly jump into the article.
What is QuickBooks error 15311?
QuickBooks error 15311 mostly occurs when you are not able to refresh QuickBooks properly. It appears during the shutting or opening of the Windows during the installation of QuickBooks accounting software.
While experiencing the error, you might get the message:
“QuickBooks update cannot be complete successfully’ and ‘Cannot connect to QuickBooks Payroll”.
Before discussing the ways to resolve the error coder 15311 QuickBooks, it is important to understand the triggers and the symptoms of the issue. So let’s have a look at them.
Triggers of QuickBooks error 15311
There are many reasons for the appearance of QuickBooks error 15311. We will discuss some of the major ones below:
- The error might be arising due to the downloading of the damaged QuickBooks application.
- Incomplete installation of the software could also be one of the reasons.
- Another reason that might have triggered the error is the virus that has affected the file and applications related to QuickBooks.
- Missing or deleting some important files of QuickBooks may have also caused the error 15311 QuickBooks update to arise.
- Corruption of the Windows registry is also one of the reasons.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15311
If you are facing any error and not sure which one it might be, then the following symptoms might help you to find it out. Understanding the symptoms is also important to resolve the error. So before directly solving the error lets us discuss the symptoms first.
- The error code 15311 QuickBooks may crash the active window program.
- Your system might crashes while running the program with the error code 15311.
- The error message of QuickBooks could also appear on the display.
- Users may also experience the freezing of the system for some seconds. You should remember that the freezing of the system happens also when you face QuickBooks error 15240.
- The input of keyboards and the mouse might not respond properly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15311?
Now since we know the symptoms and causes of the QuickBooks update error 15311, we can now resolve the issue more efficiently. The solutions are very easy and you can perform them all very effortlessly on your own. So check all the methods one by one carefully, without missing any step.
Method 1: Verify the Settings of Internet Explorer
It is the most basic but yet very important feature that might trigger the QuickBooks error 15311. If the date and time do not match, you may experience an error in your system.
- Ensure that the date and time of the system are accurate.
- If they are not, then double click on the displayed Time and Date on the screen.
- After that try to change or rectify the date and time.
- To perform the above step select the time zone and then choose the correct time zone.
- Verify the Cipher strength.
- In the menu bar, click on the Alt Key.
- Now press the file option and then choose properties.
- After that check the number under connection and then phrase bit encryption.
- You need to update the settings using the tools and then try to move on to the Internet Options.
- Select the temporary files and then remove them by pressing the delete key.
- Now go to the Connections tab and select the settings of LAN.
- Choose the checkbox of Automatically detect settings.
- Make sure that the servers of proxy are blank if you will not use them.
- Now scroll down the Advanced Tab and then mark the checkbox SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0. A new setting in SSL can lead to QuickBooks Error 15271.
- After that check the publisher’s certificate and then clear the box.
- Go to the advanced tab at the bottom of the list.
- The last step of the method is to make sure that you have unchecked the checkbox TLS 2.0.
- Now try to use the software and check if you are still getting the error or not.
Method 2: Download and Install a Digital Signature Certificate
If the first method did not help to resolve or fix the problem then try this one. In this solution, we will try to download or install the digital signature certificate.
- Click the Windows key and then type “QBW32.exe” in the search bar.
- If you get the file, then tap on the option More Results.
- Tap on the icon Computer.
- Search for QBW.exe in the search bar.
- After clicking on the QBW32.exe choose the option Properties.
- Tap on the button of Digital Signature and ensured that you have checked the Intuit Inc list.
- Hit the Details button. There has to be some issues that is not very proper.
- Choose View Certificate in the Digital Signature Details window.
- Click on the option Install Certificate as Certificate Window that appeared on the screen.
- Hit the Finish button to complete the procedure.
- Now restart the system and then try to use the software. Check if you are still getting the QuickBooks error 15311 or not.
Method 3: Resolve QuickBooks Error 15311 Manually
We are certain that the above two methods have resolved the issue. In case, that is not the scenario for you, then we have the manual method to solve the error 15311 QuickBooks update. So follow the steps below:
- Make sure that you have an activated QuickBooks subscription.
- Now try to update the latest version of the QuickBooks desktop.
- Ensure that the Payroll Service key is correct:
- Navigate the option Employees and then tap My Payroll Service.
- Now go to the Manage Service Keys and click on it.
- Hit the Edit key and then check if it is the correct one.
- Press the Next button and hit Finish.
- The last step is to reboot the system to apply the update. After rebooting try to check if you are still experiencing the QuickBooks error code 15311.
You Might Also Like, QuickBooks Error 1935- How to Resolve | [Fixation Guide]
Method 4: Uninstalling QuickBooks
If none of the above methods helped you to erase QuickBooks error 15311, hold some patience. Try to uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- Go to the start menu image and click on it.
- Open the start context menu.
- Choose the program and features option.
- Search the error 15311 QuickBooks update in the new window.
- Click on the option QuickBooks-related entry.
- Now go to the Uninstall/change option at the top menu.
- Then follow the onscreen instruction to complete the procedure.
We have come to the end of the article. Hopefully, this article was very helpful and informative to you. If you liked it then also check out our other technical blogs on the website.
However, if none of the solutions helped you to fix the issue you are facing then try to contact the support team of QuickBooks. You can easily access the helpline number from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks.