QuickBooks error 3371 appears when the software becomes unable to load the license data. You may see the error text that states “could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.” Yes, getting these irritable texts is a matter of concern. But, you don’t have to be worried as the entire post is prepared for your assistance. Just check out this post and enlighten yourself with the troubleshooting instructions.
A Quick Look at QuickBooks Error Code 3371
The error usually enters into the system when the user tries to set up the QuickBooks company file and the desktop. It can also occur when the file named Entitlement DataStore.ecml becomes corrupted and does not function properly. This file is known for storing the license properties of the QuickBooks desktop. So, damaging it means the arrival of error.
There are lots of instances of the error that appear at the time of accessing QuickBooks. You will see the same error message depicted above but the codes may be somewhat different like QuickBooks error 3371 code 1118 and QuickBooks error 3371 code 1. The error is agitated as it leads to another one when you tap on the OK button.
Many times users have reported about Quickbooks fatal error that appears as the new nuisance. Well, there are lots of hidden causes that take shape to such problems. You will get to know each one of them in the next section. So, just move ahead and learn about all the causes that bring this inconvenience into your system.
Major Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 1118
There are lots of causes that bring such hindrance into your system. You can get through all of these pointers down below and ensures their removal through the troubleshooting instructions.
- If you encounter a crash com error earlier then the chances to encounter this one rise higher.
- Some anti-virus programs can also bring this error by not allowing the essential programs to communicate with the software.
- Error code 80029c4a is another reason behind this error.
- Issues within the QuickBooks desktop performance.
- In case you see a QuickBooks stopped working error then again it brings this error in your device.
- MSXML components play a great role in running the system. So, if it becomes damaged then opening QuickBooks turns to be a difficult task for you.
- Leaving windows updates in between can bring you lots of problems so make sure that you will not repeat the same mistakes.
- When the issue appears while emailing, saving, or printing a PDF.
- There is no proper connection between programs and QB data files.
- dat file becomes damaged and missing.
- Installation file stores the license data becomes corrupted and damaged.
So, these are all the pointers that bring such hindrances into our system. The problem does not end here as they shape altogether and bring some issues that become quite common to every desktop struggling with error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks.
Identify the QuickBooks Error 3371 with these Symptoms
Here are listed some of the most common signs that your system brings to notify you about the corrupted files and folders.
- You find it hard to open or access the QuickBooks company file.
- Issues arising while copying data from the C: drive to a new hard disc.
- QuickBooks gets crashed in between the procedure of accessing the company file.
- The user gets a message about the mysterious presence of an HTML file.
- Experiencing frequent crashes within your system.
- Seeing a lag in mouse and keyboard inputs.
If you experience any of this activity while working on the software then it might indicate to you the existence of technical glitches and bugs that takes the shape of error. Before moving your focus into the troubleshooting guide, it is essential to carry out some of the procedures to get an instant result. So, read the essential points given below.
Essential Points to Consider
- The user needs to make a proper update of the Windows. You should use the latest release.
- Well, the chances of having this issue increase when you access the file without saving it on the device. So, don’t ever forget to save the QB file before importing .QBO file.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1
Now that you have explored the relevant information about the error, it’s time to move into the step-by-step guide below. Here you are provided a list of around 8 solutions, you need to ensure to follow each step with utmost care. Now, let’s get started.
Solution 1: Shut down the Running Applications
- Intiate the procedure by closing your QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, you need to shut down the running QuickBooks processes.
- After that, open the run window and enter the following command there C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6).
- Hit the OK button now.
- Once done, just try to access the task manager.
- Move your cursor towards the processes tab and search for QBW32.EXE instances.
- Once found all these processes, just select them and hit the tab named End Task.
- You need to now clear the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- After that, just access the QuickBooks company file.
- Try to register the application.
Solution 2: Modify the name of the Entitlement file
- Move your focus towards the C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- Change the name of the Entitlement file.
- Once done, just access the QuickBooks software.
- Make a new file now.
- Thereafter, you need to unhide the program data folder.
- For that, just move towards the computer and choose Organize.
- Then, move your cursor towards the Folder and hit the Search button.
- Consequently, press the tab named Hidden files and folders.
- In the last step, just access the QuickBooks software and examine the error issue.
- To initiate, just tap on the Start button.
- Now, choose the Run box.
- You need to provide the following command “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2.”
- Press the OK button now.
- Try to modify the name of the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Solution 3: Steps for Clean Installation of Windows
- Make sure that you have updated your windows with the latest version.
- After that, hit the All Programs button.
- Choose the option named Windows update from the list.
- Try to complete the updating procedure.
- Once done, you need to set up the QuickBooks software.
- Moreover, go towards the damaged entitlementdatastore.ecml file and recreate it.
- Make sure that you resolve the issue related to the registration and license.
- Hit the reinstall button.
- You can now conduct a clean installation of your QuickBooks software.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Start the procedure by downloading and installing the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, launch it on your system.
- Go towards the home menu and choose Installation Issues from the list.
- You will see a green tab named QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Just click on the button and try to run it on the device.
- When the tool starts to run, it will automatically detect issues on its own.
- You don’t need to conduct any other task now, just reboot your computer whenever the procedure comes to an end.
Solution 5: Run Quick Fix My Program
- In the beginning, try to close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Try to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Once done, just place the file on your desktop.
- The file is named as QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, you need to open that file.
- Go through the agreement pointers and provide your acceptance of the same.
- When the tool is installed properly, just hit the Finish button.
- In the next step, the user needs to tap double on the QuickBooks tool hub icon.
- This will launch the tool hub.
- Once it opened, go through the tabs located on the left corner and select Program problems.
- Now, just choose Quick Fix my Program from there.
- Hit OK in the last.
- Complete the procedure by accessing QuickBooks and the data file.
Solution 6: Clear the ECML File
- First of all, you need to open the Run window by pressing Windows + R button.
- After that, just use the following command C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and copy and paste it.
- Look for the window explorer tab.
- Make sure that you delete the ecml file by right-clicking on it.
- Try to close the windows tab when you are done.
- Consequently, run the software.
- Also, try to register the product for a better flow.
Solution 7: Update Windows Operating System
- To begin, hit the Windows tab and then choose the tab named Check for updates.
- Try to reinstall the QuickBooks desktop.
- Thereafter, update it with the latest release.
Solution 8: Manually Resolve QuickBooks Error 3371
- The user needs to first shut down the QuickBooks application.
- Then, try to spot the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub and download it on your system.
- Make sure that you have saved the file on your desktop.
- Just launch the downloaded file now.
- Follow the onscreen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- Perform a double click on the tool hub icon.
- Open the same on your desktop.
- From the tabs, you need to choose the one which is named installation.
- Next, select the 3371 Error fix.
- In the last step, just hit the OK button by accessing QuickBooks and the data file.
These are the best 8 solutions that you can consider to troubleshoot the issue. Follow each step with utmost care. This is just a small issue of QuickBooks so don’t get nervous in the middle of the operation. You can easily fix this kind of error and get back to your work. We always want to provide our readers all the relevant details and help. So, it is also a small gesture from our side. We hope that you like it. Also, don’t forget to drop in the comment if you find any further issues and problems. Your opinion matters the most.