QuickBooks is one of the popular retail management software among users. Small and big businesses use the application to track their transaction and keep the records at the fingertips. The software offers many useful features to the users that make their life even easier. However, just like any other software, QuickBooks also has a few issues that trouble the users while using it. Many customers have complaint about the errors and expressed their dissatisfaction regarding the software. One such error is QuickBooks error 6000 77.
If you are facing any error then this is the right article for you. We will discuss and try to understand the QuickBooks Error 6000 77 in detail. It is very important to know the issue in-depth if you want to solve it. The QuickBooks error -6000 -77 is an error related to the company file. Hence if you want to solve the issue read the whole article very carefully. The troubleshooting method is very straightforward and can easily be performed if you have little knowledge of the computer and technology. So without further ado, let us just directly jump into the article.
What is QuickBooks 6000 77?
The QuickBooks error 6000 77 generally occurs due to some storage in the incorrect folder. The standards of accounting software have changed over time according to the requirement of people to manage their management. Since we have different ways to store our data in both, cloud or basis, the growth of the business is being triggered and helps the functions to grow to the next level. While experiencing the error, you may face the error message:
“Error 77: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close ”
What Triggered the QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
There are many reasons for the occurrence of the error, we have listed some of them below:
- The company file is saved in the folder that has “Incorrect folder permission”.
- The error also arises when the company file is saved on the external storage instead of being in the network.
- You must locate the company file on the local drive which is placed on the external storage device.
- The error could be induced if the mapped drive is referred to open the company file.
- Users may also experience the issue if they are using the software in a multi-mode version.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
Since you know the main reason for the occurrence of the error. Now we will learn how to resolve the error from your system. Before moving on to the actual method to fix the issue, let us first discuss some easy ways to resolve the issue.
- First of all, close the QuickBooks software.
- After that click on QuickBooks and choose the option ‘Run as Administrator.’
- If the company files are saved in the external drive, then try to copy the company file.
In most of the cases above methods help the users to resolve the error. However, if it is not the scenario for you, then we have created a whole list of different ways to resolve the QuickBooks error code (-6000, -77).
Method 1: Re-create the damaged folder | QuickBooks Error 6000 77
- Create a new folder on the C:\ drive.
- Then try to open the folder where you have saved the file data.
- Then locate the “.QBW” file.
- Click the file and then copy.
- After following the above steps, create a new folder.
- Paste the copied the “.QBW file” in the new folder.
- After that make an Access with the permissions of Windows so that you can easily share the company file and the queries can be effortlessly solved.
- Lastly, open the software QuickBooks from the new location.
Method 2: Use File Doctor Tool
If the above solutions worked for you then try to use File Doctor.
- Download Quickbooks File Doctor and then use it on your server.
- After successfully installing the File Doctor, hit the Scan button.
- The tool will then scan the company file and then clean up the folder.
- The above steps will also refresh the location of the file.
Method 3: Rename the .TLG and .ND Files
- Go to the file wherever you have saved the QuickBooks Installation Directory.
- Open the software QuickBooks.
- Then look for the corresponding dealing Log file (.TLG) and Network knowledge (.ND)
- Click on the .ND file and choose it to Rename the file.
- Then try and do a similar with the .TLG file and rename it additionally.
- After success, follow the higher steps, produce a replacement folder and so move the QuickBooks file to any freshly created folder.
- Now once more try and use QuickBooks and open the corporate file. Check if you’re still obtaining QuickBooks error -6210, 0.
Method 4: Change the Settings of the Firewall
This is the fourth method. In this step, we will try to change the settings of the Firewall and the security settings that might be not allowing the software to use the internet when it is required.
- Try to change the settings of Firewall port settings.
- Then you should manually configure the settings of all firewall ports.
- After that, appropriately configure the Anti-virus or install an anti-malware defender.
- Sometimes, the third-party antivirus doesn’t permit QuickBooks to use the network because of some security purposes. it would trigger the QuickBooks error -6210. The error could stumble upon as a threat to the corporate file and also the user couldn’t access the corporate files either.
- Hence it’s necessary to alter the settings of the anti-virus computer code and switch off the application. Since there’s lots of anti-virus computer code within the sale it is tough to discuss all the steps to show off each of them. Therefore, we tend to advocate attending the official website of your several anti-malware and rummage around for the setting guide.
After ever-changing the settings, you’ll currently try and use QuickBooks once more to envision if the computer code still has some error or not.
Method 5: Try UNC Path Rather than the Mapped Drive | QuickBooks Error 6000 77
- Click on the QuickBooks software and then press the Ctrl button on your keyboard.
- After that, choose the option “Run as Administrator.”
- Now press and hold the keys Ctrl until you get the No Company Open window on your screen.
- Then from the File Menu try to choose the option, Restore or Open Company. Then Open the company file.
- Hit the Next button.
- Go to the Network setting on the left side of the window.
- Try to navigate the location of the company file from there.
We hope this article was helpful for you. We have divided the article into two sections: causes and solutions of QuickBooks Error 6000 77. However, if you have tried all the methods but none of them helped to resolve the issue for you, then try to contact the customer support team of Intuit QuickBooks. The support team is available for 24X7 to help the user who is dealing with any kind of error. If you liked the blog please share it with your friends and team members.