QuickBooks has its special place among the small and big businesses. The users can easily manage their banking transactions and details using the amazing application. It has many useful features that make the work even easier. But just like any other software, users of this software also have to face quite a few errors while working on it. QuickBooks error 6000 80 is one of them. It is an error of 6000 series. So if you are someone who is facing some kind of issues while using the software then you have landed on the right page.
We will discuss the QuickBooks 6000 80 in this article and will also try to solve the problem. So stay with us till the end, we are certain this article will be helpful for you.
QuickBooks Error 6000 80- What is it?
Now since we are talking about the error 6000 80 and you might be the one who is actually facing the problem right now. It is important for us to know what QuickBooks -6000 -80 and how it might have triggered your computer. So this error generally takes place when the user tries to open or access the company file but encounters the error due to some technical issue on QuickBooks. You might have also encountered the error during the installation of the program. The sudden arising of the issue causes a major restriction in the workflow of the user.
What are the Triggers of QuickBooks 6000 80?
There are various causes that might be the reason for the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6000 80. Below is a list of some of the triggers. Read the points before solving the error.
- The error might arise due to corruption or damage in the QuickBooks data file.
- You might have a slow internet connection. The sluggish internet connection also may cause the error to arise.
- Due to the enabling of the communication of the restored data and the QuickBooks software server, this error might be arising.
- You are using the QuickBooks account in more than one system.
How to Fix QuickBooks error 6000 80?
We now know the possible reasons for the appearance of QuickBooks error 6000 80. Hence it will be easy for the users to solve the error. In the following methods below we tried to list down some of the most useful solutions that would definitely help you to resolve the issue. So without further ado let’s just directly jump into the solution.
Method 1: Resolve the error using QuickBooks File Doctor
To resolve the issue, you can use the QuickBooks file doctor to scan and find out the damaged data in QuickBooks. To use the tool follow the steps below.
- Download the QuickBooks Data File Diagnostic Tool and run it as Administrative mode.
- Use the tool to verify any corrupted folder.
- To recover the damaged data, use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR).
- After that fix the damaged data by using the distinctive tools to fix the corrupted company file of QuickBooks.
- If the above steps give you the message of “No problem detected in QuickBooks Company File” and try to apply another solution to solve the problem.
Method 2: Use Diagnostic Tool to Fix the Data Damaged Data File
QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool helps the user to resolve most of the errors. So if the above solution did not assist you to resolve the error then, try this method to fix the issue. So follow the step below:
- Download the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tools on your device and then run the software as Administrative mode.
- After successfully downloading and installing the tool, scan the QuickBooks company file in order to find QuickBooks error 6000 80 or any other issue.
- In case, the tool finds out the corrupted QuickBooks Company file. You have two ways to deal with the issue.
- You can recover the damaged or lost data of QuickBooks company file by using Auto Data Recovery (ADR)
- However, do keep in mind that you can recover only the file before the QuickBooks error code 6000 80.
- If you have the same error then there are chances that it has done some severe damage.
- If you receive the message “No problem detected in QuickBooks Company file” but still experience QuickBooks error 6000 80, then do not panic, we have a few more solutions in our bucket. The methods will definitely help you to resolve the problem.
Method 3: Resolve the Issue Using QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Users can effortlessly use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to detect and resolve the error from their PC. The tool also checks if there is any other error related to error 6000 80 in your system that might have triggered due to the multi-user version. To use the Connection Diagnostic Tool follow the steps below:
- First of all, download the tool QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool from the internet or from the official website of Quickbooks.
- After downloading the tool, now Accept all the Terms and Conditions of the software to successfully install the tool on your device.
- Now, follow the Installation Wizard instruction and use the tool very effortlessly.
- Apply the tool on the file that might have the issue. If the folder or file is opening, check for the green checkmark box beside it. The checkmark indicates that the file is completely fine and it does not have any issue like QuickBooks error 6000 80 or QuickBooks 6000 series errors.
- Now again try to open the QuickBooks company file, if you are still facing the problem, then please try our next method.
Method 4: Copy File to the Local Drive
- Search for the backup file ( .qbb file extension) that was taken just a day before the occurrence of the QuickBooks error code 6000 80.
- Now copy the extension file for further procedure.
- Try to restore the copied backup file in a separate folder in Local Drive.
- Again copy the file to the original file location. And overwrite the existing file. You can also copy the file somewhere you have saved it before.
- Now try to open the Company file and check if you are still experiencing the error or not.
Hopefully, the above article was helpful to you. It will be unfortunate if none of the methods helped you to resolve the error you are facing. In that case, try to contact the customer care service of QuickBooks. You can easily access the support number from the official website of Intuit. If you liked the article then check out our other blogs. We keep adding new informative articles on our website on a daily basis. So stay connected.