QuickBooks is helpful software that has gained popularity among billions of users. It allows small and medium-sized businesses to record transactions and keep the data accessible. The software provides many features that make the job very easy, but along with many important features the users of the software encountered plenty of errors while using it. One of the most common errors among them is the QuickBooks error -6123, 0. This error generally occurs when something is restricting the activities of the company file. If you are also facing the error then it is the right page for you. In this article, we will try to discuss all the possible solutions to solve the error 6123 0 QuickBooks.
If you are using a single QuickBooks account as a multi-user network, chances are you might be getting the issue because of that. Well, do not panic. We are going o discuss everything you need to know about the error in detail. In the first section, we will try to understand the symptoms of the issue and also what are the possible causes that might have triggered the error in the first place. And after that, we would share some tested and performed methods to resolve the Quickbooks error code 6123. Even if you are not a technical pro or a newbie in the technical world, these steps are very easy and straightforward that you can effortlessly perform them on your own. Hence without further ado let’s discuss the QuickBooks error 6123 resolves.
What is QuickBooks Error -6123, 0?
The error can arise when the user tries to restore the QuickBooks company file or open the company file from the multi-network server. If facing the problem, you may also face the error message “QuickBooks Error 6123, 0” on your computer screen.
Cause QuickBooks Error -6123, 0
There are a number of reasons that might be causing the QuickBooks Error -6123, 0. Some of them are below:
- Damaged QBW files could also be the reason for the QuickBooks error 6123.
- The corrupt network connection is also of the reasons.
- The third-part antivirus software, McAfee’s Privacy Service might also be blocking the software to function properly.
- The program files or the data of QuickBooks might be corrupted.
- This error can also arise when you restore the new version of QuickBooks from the company file.
- The Window you are using might be damaged.
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error -6123, 0
Now we know the possible causes that might be giving rise to the error 6123 0 QuickBooks. Therefore, it is time to solve the QuickBooks error code 6123. Below are a few solutions, read and follow each of the steps very carefully to solve the problem.
Solution 1: Open the Company File
To resolve the problem the user needs to move the company file to a different location and it will help you to verify if there is a problem in the path.
- Go to the location where the company file is saved.
- After that find the .QBW extension in the list. By right-clicking copy the file.
- Create a new folder and paste the file in there.
- Now try to open the QuickBooks from the new location and check f you are still getting the error.
Solution 2: Download and Install File Doctor
Using the QuickBooks file doctor you can fix almost all kinds of errors and hence QuickBooks error code 6123.
- First of all, download the File Doctor tool from the official website of QuickBooks.
- After downloading the File Doctor, find it using the Browse option.
- Verify File Damage and then Diagnose the folder.
- As you have successfully followed the above step, now go to the Login as Administrator option and hit the OK button.
- Now select the option to troubleshoot between the Newer Version and Repair File of Open File in the existing folder.
- Follow the dis[layed instruction to resolve the issue.
Solution 3: Try to Resolve the Issue by Renaming the .ND and .TLD Files
In the QuickBooks multiuser environment, users can use two configuration files to access the data files. If the files are damaged or corrupted then the problem can be fixed.
- Go to the location where the company file is stored.\
- Then choose the .ND file with the .QBW file.
- Then click right on the folder and choose the option Rename to change the name of the file.
- Now try to rename the .ND file into .ND.OLD name.
- Repeat the same above steps to rename the .TLG file.
- Once done, try to use QuickBooks and check if you are still getting the error or not.
Solution 4: Verify the Interference of the Antivirus
QuickBooks error 6123 might also arise due to some interruption of the third-party antivirus McAfee. The antivirus must be restricted to access the QuickBooks company file. To solve the issue you need to disable the antivirus. Since there is plenty of antivirus software out there, it is not possible to prepare the step for each of them. Try to get the steps from the official website of the antivirus that you are using.
Solution 5: Use the Auto Data Recovery
The damaged data or corrupted files of QuickBooks company file can be fixed using the Auto Data recovery feature of QuickBooks. The user has to create a backup file ( .ADR folder) and then verify if he/she is still getting the issue or not. Below are a few points before going for the Auto Data Recovery.
- You must have the Auto Data Recovery tool on your device.
- The system must have the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Only 1.5 GB of data is allowed to back up using Auto Data Recovery.
Hopefully, this article is helpful to you. If none of the above solutions helped you to resolve the issue then try to contact the customer service of QuickBooks. You can get the support number from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. If you liked the blog then check the other blogs too.