QuickBooks Error The File Exists as a type of error that exists in QuickBooks when a user tries downloading updates for payroll, opening a state or federal form, and making payments of liabilities scheduled. To start with, this is just some basic information for you but moving forward, we will be including all the valuable information related to this QuickBooks error. Let’s firstly talk a bit about QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks is the financial accounting management software that is used by business firms, start-ups, and small-scale large-scale management industries. It also has a user-friendly interface and is quite easy to use for any kind of QuickBooks user around the world. It keeps the track of employees’ and customers’ data, manages the reports of tax receipts and bills, organizes daily tasks and other inventories, etc.
With all these advantages, there are still many disadvantages such as glitches, bugs, errors, technical issues, etc. that you can encounter in your system. These troubles faced by you will cause obstruction in your work and your project reports can be delayed. Right now, we will be keeping our focus on “QuickBooks Error The File Exists”. Be with us as we are about to start with our topic for the day.
Quickbooks Error The File Exists: Introduction
Quickbooks Error Message The File Exists is a QuickBooks error that can be present in your system due to carrying out the process of downloading payroll updates, opening state/federal forms, and making scheduled liabilities payments. You will also see a text body coming up again and again on your desktop screen quoting – “QuickBooks windows error the file exists”. Also, you should keep in mind that your crashing of any software is going to create an issue related to that is called QuickBooks error -6144 -82, keep an eye on any such errors this can affect your software in many ways.
Now, we know about the QuickBooks windows error the file exists but there are many reasons for the occurrence of this error which we will be discussing now.
QuickBooks Error The File Exists: Causes Reset Update
Various reasons are possible for the occurrence of Quickbooks the windows error was the file exists in your system. We have provided all the possible reasons for you.
- Internet and network connection setup is poor and unstable.
- The firewall configuration setup is not correct.
- Accessing multiple files at the same time in your system.
- The QuickBooks software is old and outdated. Using the outdated version of the QuickBooks error can cause many issues within the software itself, one such issue is the error that happens that is called quickbooks error 15222.
- Unclean installation of the QBs desktop software in your PC. This kind of unclean installation in QuickBooks can lead to errors like QuickBooks update error 15243.
- Your system’s internet security settings are not correctly set up.
- QuickBooks application software is interrupted by Windows User Account Control.
- You do not have administrator account access in your system.
A Few Go-To Steps For Fixing The Error
Before giving the detailed solutions, we are providing you with the go-to tips to try to resolve ‘the windows error was the file exists QuickBooks’ error quickly. Read the tips below.
- Tap ‘OK‘ again and again until the error texts are 100 % updated.
- Now, close the program and then reaccess the QuickBooks software.
- You also need to make sure that the QuickBooks version is of the latest upgrade.
- Close the QBs application again and you now have to restart the PC.
- After the restart, right-click on the QuickBooks software and choose the tab ‘Run as Administrator.
Fix ‘QuickBooks Error The File Exists’: Solutions and Methods
1. Updating The QuickBooks Desktop Software
To resolve Quickbooks Windows Error Message The File Exists, the first and the easiest solution of all the given methods is updating the QBs desktop software.
- On the existence of the error, try to continuously tap on the error message and then close the QBs software if the error persists and is displayed frequently. Sometimes the QuickBooks will close suddenly and shows com error QuickBooks 2017.
- Re-Launch the application and we will now try to update it to its latest upgrade.
- Update QuickBooks to its latest released version:
- Find the Help menu and open it.
- Choose option Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap on option Update Now.
- After this, choose the Reset Update option and you are required to delete all the existing old updates previously downloaded manually by you.
- Click on the Get Updates tab and the process of downloading the updates will be started.
- On a successful download of the update, tap on the option Install.
- Now, you are required to reFinishstart your computer system.
- After the restart process is done, launch the application with a grant of administrator rights.
- Right-click from the mouse on the options Program.
- Now, tap on the Run as Administrator option.
In case your existing errors have been fixed, then you can switch the basic settings to give permissions to allow automatic updates. Once the settings for automatic updates are turned on, it will automatically update the QBs software as they are made available in your system.
2. Disabling The Windows User Account Control
- Firstly, you need to open the Windows Settings.
- Reach out for the option User Account Control under Windows Settings and click on it.
- In case the UAC is turned on, then you are required to turn it off.
- After this, you have to restart your computer system and start updating QuickBooks Payroll.
3. Using Reboot.bat File For Re-registering QuickBooks .DLL and.OCX File
The important installation process of QBs is re-registered by Reboot.bat that assists in resolving the errors such as QuickBooks Error The File Exists. The stepwise procedure has been given below.
- Firstly, you need to close the QuickBooks software and other applications.
- Open the QuickBooks application by clicking on the icon and select the option Properties.
- Select the Open File Location and you will see a folder with the name Reboot.bat there.
- Click on the file Reboot.bat and then choose Run as Administrator.
- In a few moments’ time, a command window will open and close sequentially.
- Now, you have to restart your PC and verify whether the ‘Quickbooks The Windows Error Was The File’ has been fixed or not.
In case, this QuickBooks Error The File Exists in your QBs software then, you are advised to follow the next solution given below.
4. Allowing Full Control Access
- Firstly, you have to right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose the option Open File Location.
- Now, use the Backspace key for deleting the file address.
- After this, again right-click on the folder of QuickBooks and select the option Properties.
- Find the tab Security Section and click on Edit.
- Select option Add and then go to option Everyone. Click on OK.
- Now, you are required to go for the option Full Control.
- Tap on the option Apply.
- After performing all these steps, finish the process by restarting your computer system.
5. Re-installation Of The QuickBooks Software
- On your keyboard, hold Ctrl + R and a run window will be opened.
- In that window, write up “appwiz.cpl”.
- Tap on QuickBooks twice and then you have to choose to Uninstall.
- Going as per the instructions on the screen, remove the software from your PC.
- Once the process of uninstallation is completed, carry out a clean installation again from Intuits’ website.
- After a successful download, you have to open the .exe file of QuickBooks and install the software by following the instructions of installation on your screen.
- Also, you need to agree to the terms and conditions, and the license agreement to complete the installation process.
- At last, click on Finish.
6. Fixing File Exists Error While Printing
- On your keyboard, hold Ctrl + R and a run window will be opened.
- Write up Control Panel and tap Enter.
- Select the option Devices and Printers.
- A list will appear on the screen and you have to remove the printer having issues from the list.
- On your keyboard, Ctrl + Alt + Del to access the task manager.
- Search for QBW32.exe and right-click on it.
- Tap on Yes to finish the process.
- Go to Drive C and then to Program Data, Intuit and QuickBooks. (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\(QuickBooks_version)\TSPrinterSettings\)
- Search for QBPRINT.qbp and remove this file.
- Lastly, you have to restart your computer system and try printing once more.
Quickbooks Error Message The File Exists is a type of QuickBooks error that can be present in your system due to carrying out the process of downloading payroll updates, opening state/federal forms, and making scheduled liabilities payments. You will also see a text body coming up frequently on your desktop screen quoting – “QuickBooks windows error the file exists”. We have explained all the aspects associated with this error from its causes for an occurrence to different methods of resolving the ‘Quickbooks Error The File Exists’ issue.
We are hopeful you must have gained a lot of valuable information but in case you are still unable to repair this QuickBooks Error then, you can take guidance from an IT expert or you can also coordinate with the QBs support team available across the world 24×7. Also, you can further take help and reliable assistance from our other articles on our official website.