If you use QuickBooks then you must be familiar with the fact that it is trusted by Millions of users around the globe for handling accounting, bookkeeping, finance, and business. Numerous users use this software to keep their data safe and organized. But being software, it is prone to errors and bugs also which can frustrate you as it stands between you and your crucial work.
QuickBooks Sync Manager Error is a technical error that you encounter in the Sync Manager Tool. After your software gets caught with this error, a notification with a message comes on your screen reading“There was an error while loading the QuickBooks file from this path.” This is the saddest part as you will no longer be able to access this application.
If you want to avoid QuickBooks Sync Manager Error in the future then give this productive post your precious time. We assure you that by the end you will be able to fix Sync Manager Error QuickBooks on your own.
Let’s not jump directly to the solution part because it is important to understand the QuickBooks Intuit Sync Manager Error itself, its symptoms, and root causes.
QuickBooks Sync Manager Error: Explained
QuickBooks Sync Manager is a feature of the software available in QB Pro, Premier as well as Enterprise Solutions. Its main work is to synchronize the QuickBooks desktop with Intuit server and some other third-party applications as well. It changes the data and the information by itself whenever you do any change in the QB software. With the help of this, you do not have to do a task twice as the sync manager automatically does it by synchronizing the company data. Do remember that any kind of missing or damaged QBs components can lead to an unknown error that is called quickbooks error 6189 and 816.
QuickBooks Sync Manager Error: When Does It Occur?
As you already know most of the errors occur while opening, downloading, and updating QuickBooks, the same thing is with QuickBooks Error Loading Sync Manager. This error takes place while you try to open the QB software indicating that there is some kind of damage to your program file. There are some program files missing or lost which give rise to QuickBooks Sync Manager Error. Damaged QB components can lead to many errors that can use issues and other irrelevant causes, one of such errors is quickbooks error 6189 and 816.
QuickBooks Sync Manager Errors You Can Encounter
- QuickBooks sync Error 17_7118
- QuickBooks sync manager error on Windows 10
- QuickBooks sync Error 17_7300
- QuickBooks sync Error 5_13944
Factors That Lead To QuickBooks Sync Manager Error
- Missing crucial files.
- When Key files get damaged.
- Network or connectivity issue during data transferring.
- Change in the Firewall setting can stop the entry into the server.
- In case you have missed sync manager updates then your window screen will reflect this message
Messages You Receive While Facing QuickBooks Intuit Sync Manager Error
- QuickBooks Sync Manager Error
- Intuit Sync Manager has discontinued
- Intuit Sync Manager is not working
- Remove the Intuit Sync Manager
- QuickBooks Sync Manager not Working
- Error: Loading from the path
- Error Loading File from Intuit Sync Manager
- Intuit Sync Manager Is Not Working
QuickBooks Error Loading Sync Manager: Quick Steps To Fix
Like all other errors, QuickBooks Sync Manager Error is also temporary and can be resolved with some troubleshooting methods.
In this article, you will find the best methods to fix this error on your own.
Method 1: Rename The Folder Of Intuit Sync Manager
This error generally occurs when some program files are either damaged or corrupt in Intuit Sync Manager. The only method to solve this issue is to change the name of the ‘Intuit Sync Manager folder‘. Here are the steps:
- Close the company file and the software also. The company file is saved in the folder that has “Incorrect folder permission”.
- Now reopen that file and update the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Reach out to the Sync Manager icon and press the tab on ‘Exit’.
- Visit the C folder and find the Sync manager. Press tab on Users-Username-App Data-Local and then Intuit.
- Rename the name of ‘Sync Manager’ to ‘Old’
- Reboot your system and reopen QuickBooks. By now the Sync Manager folder would have been created automatically)
- Sync the detail again to see if the error has been fixed or not.
The solution you read above is for Windows 7 and 8 users.
If you are a Vista or Windows XP user, then you need to follow the below-given solution step by step.
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\ User Name\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ Intuit\ SyncManager
- Vista: C:\ Users\ UserName\ AppsData\ Local\Intuit\SyncManager
- Go to QuickBooks and open it.
- Now start the Intuit Sync Manager.
- The Sync Manager will automatically create a SyncManger folder.
- Select the Sync Now option and your company data will be synced.
Method 2: Downloading QuickBooks Sync Manager
- First of all, uninstall the QuickBooks application and start renaming all ‘Intuit folders‘.
- You will see these folders here:
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
In case, you are facing trouble while naming the file, then read the steps provided below:
- Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager.
- Now choose the option of Processes.
- Press tab on column heading with Image Name. Now click on the alphabetical order. Under the image name, a list of files will appear, you need to select: ‘QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, Qbw32.exe QBCFMonitorService.exe’.
- Click on End Process.
- After that, your screen will indicate to you a warning message “Terminating a process can cause results including loss of data and system inability.” Click on Yes.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop software.
Method 3: Fixing QuickBooks Sync Error 5_ 13944
You will come across this error due to network issues during the process of uploading data in QuickBooks. Now, access the server of Intuit services and its data.
- Find and delete the “crt” file that is stored in the SyncManager folder.
- Reinstall the Quickbooks Sync Manager and Reset the sync Settings.
- After following the steps, see if this method has fixed your error or not. If not, then jump to the next solution we have given below.
Method 4: Fixing QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7300
- Check first that the ‘Sync Manager‘ is updated.
- Now open the QB ‘company file’.
- Reach out to ‘Edit‘ and choose ‘Preferences‘.
- Navigate to ‘Integrated Applications‘.
- Press the tab on ‘Company Preferences‘.
Method 5: QuickBooks Error 17_7118
- Click on the System Tray and close the Sync Manager.
- Make sure to log out from the files and QuickBooks application.
- Reopen the software but not the company file yet.
- Download and install the QB latest version and check if it is done properly.
- Sync the data by using Sync manager.
Method 6: Fixing QuickBooks Sync Error Windows 10
If you have recently updated to Windows 10 then there is a chance of facing a Quickbooks sync manager error. This is because while updating some files get corrupt/missing files. Have a look at the fixing instructions given below:
- Rename the sync to the manager folder.
- Close all QB company files as well as the sync manager
- Look out for the Sync manager folder and change the name to SyncManager.old.
- This will create a new sync manager folder automatically.
- Reopen the QuickBooks Desktop application and select the sync now option to start syncing the company data.
Method 7: Reset Intuit Sync Manager
If you are reading this solution it means that the above six solutions did not help you resolve QuickBooks Error Sync Manager.
This error can irritate you as you can’t access the software and your productivity starts decreasing leading to a loss in your business. To save your money, time and effort, we have come up with another solution given below:
- Open the QB Software.
- Go to the Help option and select Manager Data Sync.
- The next is to Reset Intuit Sync Manager.
- A notification will be reflected on your screen, press the tab on Reset Data Sync.
- Now log in to the Intuit Sync Manager using the account information.
- Your screen will prompt you some instructions, read and follow each and every instruction carefully to finish the process.
Related Article: Read QuickBooks update error 12007.
QuickBooks Sync Manager is a software feature that is available in QB Pro, Premier as well as Enterprise Solutions. QuickBooks Sync Manager error takes place while you try to open the QB software indicating that there is some kind of damage to your program file. There are some program files missing or lost which give rise to QuickBooks Sync Manager Error. We have covered all aspects of Repair QuickBooks Sync Manager Error rapidly. By now, you might have got a decent idea about this error and ways to fix it on your own. There are many errors that might occur while you are using the QuickBooks software, one of these errors is QuickBooks code 6210, which might crash the active program window.
You can easily understand and follow these seven solutions as we have used user-friendly language and the best possible methods. But still, if you are not able to fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Error by yourself then do not hesitate to contact QuickBooks Customer Support for guidance. You can dial their toll-free number available online 24×7. Hope you found our article satisfactory and if yes, then do read more worthy articles on our website. You will surely find them productive to read.