With changing times, everything in this world is also changing at a rapid pace. Be it a management software, QuickBooks is fast approaching its success in recent times with the accounting qualities of creating reports, tracking events, and organizing work-related inventories. Just like everything has two sides, QuickBooks also has a limited range of qualities coupled with errors and various other negatives i.e. glitches and other technical issues. In the middle of work, no one would like to be interrupted due to the occurrence of these kinds of errors but what should be done to solve this problem. All these issues can be rectified by a tool developed by the QBs team known as QuickBooks File Doctor.
QuickBooks Doctor File is a resourceful and valuable tool that is used to fix any errors that exist in this accounting software. A user can use this Quickbooks repair tool when there is any kind of In case of corrupted and damaged files or data loss, then you can use the QuickBooks repair tool. It easily detects and corrects these problems. By going through the article, you will understand every concept related to the QuickBooks File Doctor (QFD) Tool. Now, Let’s start with our topic for the day.
Defining QuickBooks File Doctor
QBs File Doctor is a resolving tool that helps in troubleshooting connection errors, network problems, windows related issues, diagnostic errors, and corruption of data, etc. It identifies all the bugs and errors easily and fixes them instantly. It performs a scan on the QBs company file, then finds and repairs the errors at the earliest. This easy-to-access, user-friendly, and Go-to tool can be used at any time to scan and resolve errors in QuickBooks.
QBs Doctor File Tool, launched by Intuit in 2012, is an integration of two tools: QB Network Connectivity diagnostic tool (QNCD) and QB Company File Diagnostic Tool (QCFD). As per the existence of error, these two tools perform their functions.
Types of QuickBooks File Repair Doctor
There are two versions of the QuickBooks Repair Doctor tool that can be downloaded from the main website of Intuit. Both the versions have been described below.
This stand-alone version in this tool is generally used for hosting servers, network, and connectivity-related purposes but it only works if the user activates the QBs Database Server Manager. The damaged network files with .ND extension files can cause errors within your QuickBooks Software, these errors can be quickbooks error 6129. It is also recommended as the preferred version of the two versions available online.
The built-in version of Quickbooks Doctor Tool needs minimum specifications as it can be operated in the Quickbooks Desktop 2016 and later upgrades. You can only access this version in these QBs versions in your system.
Issues and Errors in QFD
Given below is a list of the issues and errors that you can encounter while working with the QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor.
- Quickbooks Error 6000 305
- Error -6000 -301
- Quickbooks Error 1722
- Error Code 9999 and Error Code 102
- Error 6189
- H series error: Error H101, Error H202, Error H303, and Error H505.
- QBs Error Code 15270
- Inability in accessing Company File.
- Connectivity and Network-related issues.
- Broken, Temporary, and Corrupted QBs company files.
- Keyboard and mouse functions do not respond.
- Your screen freezes and all operations are halted.
How to Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor
The quickbooks file doctor download can be done by following the easy steps given below.
- First, you have to close all the running programs in the background especially the ones related to QuickBooks.
- Now, Go to the QBs Intuit’s main website and start downloading QBFD.
- After the download is complete, you will get an .exe file.
- Double-click on it and the install setup will be displayed.
- Click on Yes. Your installation process will start.
- As per the on-screen instructions, complete the process of installation and tap on Finish.
QFD via QuickBooks Tool Hub
The points mentioned below will help you to use QuickBooks File Doctor 2017 through Quickbooks Tool Hub download.
- As discussed above, follow the same steps for downloading and installing Quickbooks Desktop Tool Hub.
- Click on the icon to launch the tool.
- Reach out for the Company File section and click on it.
- Find the Run Quickbooks file doctor option and tap on it.
- Choose the specified company file with the error to be rectified.
- After the selection of the company file, you need to start performing a scan.
- On detection of any errors, a pop-up text will appear on your system screen.
- Select the Repair option and your errors will be resolved in no time.
- Now, you can easily access the QBs doctor tool via the tool hub.
How to Use Built-In QFD version
- Click on the QuickBooks icon but do not access the company file.
- Reach out to the File menu.
- Within the File tab, choose the Utilities option.
- Now select the Repair File and Network Problems option to access QBFD.
- Now, you can find the company file with errors and click Open.
- In the Show, Advanced Settings option, choose the kind of problem that you need to resolve and tap on Next.
- As now your file is ready for the repair process, wait for a few minutes.
- After completion of the above process, you can easily access the error-free company file.
Occurrence of Further Results and Possibilities
After the company file access, you can have three possibilities and results. All such result possibilities and how to deal with them have been given below in detail.
1. No problem was detected
The first possibility arises when the doctor tool was unable to detect any kind of error or problem in the QuickBooks Software. If this result is seen, then have to sign in to the QB company file and select the Auto data recovery setup for filling the transactions list from the last backup.
2. The problem was detected and fixed
For any issue, the best thing that can happen is the automatic detection and correction of the error. This is the second possibility that can arise and you have to do nothing but just need to access the company file via the Open new company option.
3. The problem was detected but was not fixed
This result possibility also requires the use of Auto Data Recovery Setup from the company file and then you need to fill up the transactions manually from the last backup.
How to Use Stand-Alone QFD version
- For using the stand-alone version of QFD, you need to install the latest upgraded version and remove its previous version.
- To download the upgraded version, you have to open Intuit’s website and find the latest version.
- Once you are done with the download, open the file, and with the on-screen instructions complete the process of installation.
- Now as the tool is properly installed, access it by clicking on the icon.
- From the drop-down list, find the company file or it can also be manually located from the Browse button.
- Choose the Check file damage only option and select the Diagnose file option for resolving general errors and bugs.
- Now, two different options will be seen within the File Doctor Tool and you have to choose as per your issue to be fixed.
- The first option can be selected in 6000 series error correction or in the case of a corrupted company file..
- You can choose the latter option when Connectivity and Network problems arise or H-series errors i.e. H101, H202, H303, H505, etc.
- Now, Sign in to the Company File Admin Password and tap on Next.
- Further, there will be two options.
- Choose the primary Workstation option in case the QB company file has not been hosted on the client’s computer or if it is not stored.
- Choose the secondary Server option in case the QB company file isn’t hosted on the QuickBooks client computer or if it has not been stored.
- Tap Yes for QuickBooks Server/Host and No for QB Workstation.
- Now the company file repair process will be started with the doctor tool. This process can take upto a couple of minutes.
- With the repairing process completed, a success pop-up message will be displayed on your screen and the user can close the tool now..
- Now, the user can access the QBs error-free company file.
Shortcomings of QuickBooks Doctor Tool
- The prerequisite QBs Company file size is less than 2GB.
- The net connectivity restriction and obligation to upload the company file QuickBooks Doctor Repair Tool.
- Sign-in as an Administrator is mandatory to access QBFD.
- The network diagnosis and Quickbooks file repair option is not available..
- On having various versions of QuickBooks in a single system, the Network Connectivity diagnosis and repair tab does not function properly.
- Database Server Manager installed in the computer system does not allow the Network Connectivity diagnosis and repair tab to work efficiently on your system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the cost of QFD?
Answer. QuickBooks Repair Doctor Tool does not cost anything to a user. You just have to download it from the main website of Intuit.
Q2. QBFD can fix which type of errors?
Answer. QBs File Doctor tool can correct Error 1328, QB Error H202, Error 1334, etc. It also resolves the problems associated with broken, junk, or corrupted files. Even it rectifies the missed and blank entries of the customer’s list of the firms automatically.
Q3. What can be done by using the QuickBooks Doctor file repair tool?
Answer. QBs File Doctor is a resolving tool that helps in troubleshooting connection errors, network problems, windows related issues, diagnostic errors, and corruption of data, etc. It identifies all the bugs and errors easily and fixes them instantly.
Q4. How is the in-built file doctor tool different from the stand-alone version of QFD?
Answer. The built-in version of Quickbooks Doctor Tool needs minimum specifications as it can be operated in the Quickbooks Desktop 2016 and later upgrades. The stand-alone version in this tool is generally used for hosting servers , network, and connectivity-related purposes but it only works if the user activates the QBs Database Server Manager.
QBs File Doctor is a resolving tool that helps in troubleshooting connection errors, network problems, windows related issues, diagnostic errors, and corruption of data, etc. It identifies all the bugs and errors easily and fixes them instantly. It performs a scan on the QBs company file, then finds and repairs the errors at the earliest.
With our efforts, we have tried our best to provide you with the best of knowledge on this tool.. We are hopeful that you will be successful in troubleshooting these errors and issues in QuickBooks. In case you cannot fix these bugs, then you are advised to take help from professionals ins this field.