QuickBooks is one of the most popular software among small and big businesses. The application helps its users to manage the transactions and track the record at the fingertips the amazing features of the software make it a trusted friend of millions of businesses. However, just like any other software, QuickBooks also has some issues and errors. One of the most frequent errors among them is QuickBooks error 6144 82.
If you are someone who is facing the same error then you are on the right page. We understand how frustrating it could be to deal with an error in the middle of the work. So in this article, we will try to make your job a little easy. Read the whole article to understand the QuickBooks error -6144 -82 in detail and find out the ways to resolve the issue on your computer. So without further ado let’s directly jump into it.
What is QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
QuickBooks error code 6144 82 is the issue that arises due to the incorrectly configured settings and irregularities in the Windows registry. While facing this error the user can not access the company file and the error 6144 82 could also prevent him/her from performing the task on the server.
The blog is dedicated to discussing the symptoms, causes, and various methods to solve the QuickBooks error 6144 82.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 6144 82
Generally, the users who faced the error have reported encountering a bunch of symptoms while facing the issue. So if you are also facing some kind of disturbance while using the software and not sure what the issue is, then consider reading the following points to find out. Below are the symptoms of QuickBooks error -6144 -82.
- The QuickBooks error 6144 82 will cause the crashing of any software that you are using.
- It might also crash your whole PC while running the damaged file.
- Users who encountered the error received the pop-up error message as follows:
“Error 6144 82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”
“QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82”
- Windows might also lag and slow down due to the error.
- The QuickBooks error 6144 82 could also freeze a lot.
Why the Error Message of QuickBooks Error 6144 82 Occurs?
There could a few reasons for the occurrence of the message.
- The message pops up because when the software finds some damaged downloaded file QuickBooks.
- Error 6144 82 QuickBooks occurs when installing the QuickBooks application.
- It might occur during the shutting and opening of the system.
- You may also get the message of QuickBooks error 6144 82 while installing the operating system on your PC.
What Triggers QuickBooks Error 6144 82
The error might be arising for plenty of reasons. Now since we know the symptoms and when the message of the error occurs. In this section, we will discuss the various reasons that may have triggered the QuickBooks error 6144 82. Below is the list of all possible causes.
- The error could be arising because of the corrupted or incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- Damaged registry from the uninstallation or installation of any program.
- If you are facing the error then chances are the PC has some kind of virus or malware.
- The malicious application might have removed the Windows files or deleting important QuickBooks.
- It is also possible that the computer’s RAM and hard disk is damaged, which is causing the loss of files and data.
- You might have recently changed something that triggered the QUickBooks error 6144 82.
How to Solve the Issue QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
It’s time to resolve the issue from your system. QuickBooks error -6144 -82 can be solved in many ways. We would discuss each of them to solve the problem. All the solution that is discussed below is well tested and performed. So you can use the methods to resolve your problem and continue to use the software.
Method 1: Rename the QuickBooks ND file and TLG to .OLD
In QuickBooks, the .tlg and .old files have a vital role in PC and QuickBooks. So to solve the issue you need to rename these two files. Follow the steps below to rename it.
- Open the QuickBooks software.
- Now to rename the files, press the key F2 on your keyboard.
- It will give you the details of the company file and then select the folders that contain the company file.
- Look for the .tlg and .nd extensions and choose them.
- Click on the file (.tlg or .nd) and then choose the file to rename it, by clicking the renaming option.
- Repeat the same step to rename the other file.
- After successfully changing the name now try to open the QuickBooks company file to check if you are still facing the error.
Method 2: Set up QuickBooks User Permissions
You might be facing the issue because the software does not has user permission in QuickBooks. So if the above steps did not help you to resolve the QuickBooks error 6144 82 then try this one.
- Log in to the software QuickBooks.
- Go to the company file, which is in the upper right corner.
- Now search for the option of Set Up Users and Roles and hit it.
- Enter the password, and tap on the username from the user list.
- Choose the user permission.
- Hit on the option to complete the process.
Method 3: Run the Windows Error Repair Tool
- Download the Windows software tool.
- After downloading, install the tool.
- Once you successfully install the software, look for the file and then taps on the Scan Now option to proceed with the scanning process.
- If you are getting the error message during the scanning process, then hit on the Repair option to resolve the issue.
- The tool used to resolve the problem like file permissions, registry, system files, Internet Explorer, Winsock & DNS cache, Windows updates issues, etc.
Method 4: Repair Windows Registry
The following are the process to repair the Windows registry.
- Tap the start button on your system.
- And on the search box, try to enter the command “Enter key from the keyboard.”
- Tap and hold the CTRL key and Shift key from the keyboard and then click the Enter key to continue.
- Hit the Yes button of the permission dialogue bo on the display.
- And then enter ‘Regedit in the black box.
- Tap on Enter key.
- Go to the section of Registry Editor and choose the option error 6144 82.
- Search for the File Menu and then click on the option Export.
- Choose the folder and hit the Selected Branch from the drop-down list of Export Range Box.
- Save the .reg file extension.
- Now you have successfully created the backup of the QuickBooks-related registry.
If none of the above solutions helped you to resolve the QuickBooks error 6144 82. Then we would recommend you to contact the customer care service of QuickBooks. Hopefully, this article was helpful for you. Check our other blogs too.