Quickbooks Event ID 4 is a type of QBs error that can be seen when Quickbooks is being operated with some damaged or corrupted files. This is only a quick glance at this error. With this article, we will be studying all the related aspects of this error from the causes for occurrence, how to detect, and how to resolve it. But firstly, we will go on to have a quick look at what QuickBooks is.
Quickbooks, a management software developed by Intuit in 2012, is becoming a popular software in terms of bookkeeping and accounting activities for small-scale and medium-scale firms, start-ups, etc. It works for tasks such as tax calculation, payrolls, estimating business budget, and inventory stock management. It has an interface that is user-friendly and can be easily operated by any user around the world.
With all the advanced features, still there arise many bugs, errors, glitches, and other types of technical troubles that cause your work operations to a stop. Today, we will be going about one such error – Quickbooks Event ID 4 or QuickBooks Event ID 4. This basic often occurs in the company file. When this error is existent, you will not be able to access the Quickbooks software and the PC crashes from time to time. Let us now start with our topic for the day.
What is QuickBooks Event ID 4?
Quickbooks Event ID 4 is a type of QBs error that can be seen when Quickbooks is being operated with some damaged or corrupted files. An error message will be displayed on the desktop screen quoting “Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open”.
Even one other error message can be seen “QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle” within the Windows Event Viewer. This is a window-specific type of error that will affect the Quickbooks software installed on the server.
In case you face this error in the system, you must first analyze the reasons behind it before resolving the Quickbooks Event log error 4. So, we will now be talking about the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Event ID 4.
Quickbooks Error Event ID 4: Reasons for Occurrence
The list below will help you to know the reasons and causes for the occurrence of QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error. If you can keep these factors in mind, then you might be saved from facing this error. Read below.
- Damaged and corrupted QBs company file.
- Virus and malware attack that infects the system.
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks software.
- Windows registry-related error.
- Missing or deleted QuickBooks-related files.
- The attack by Trojans.
- Issues with .NET Framework 4.0 SPI that causes issues in the Windows 7 OS.
Event Log Error 4 Quickbooks: How to Identify?
There are many signs that can be witnessed by any user to know if Quickbooks Event log error 4 is occurring in his system or not. Follow the list and you will be guided to know the prevalence of the error as soon as possible.
- Crashing of the Windows OS from time to time.
- Freezing and Halting of the computer system.
- The error messages will pop up and come again and again on the screen.
- The response times of the Quickbooks software become high.
- No command response was taken from the input devices i.e. Mouse and Keyboard.
After knowing the causes and signs to detect the error early, now you will be in urgent need of solutions to resolve QuickBooks Event ID 4 error. We will now be heading for the methods to fix this error easily.
Quickbooks Event ID 4 Error: How to Resolve?
The step-by-step easy and quick solutions have been given in the article below to get you through this error faced by you in the system.
Method 1: Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, you need to go to the official website of Intuit for downloading the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- After a successful download of the QBs Tool, store the Set-up file in your computer system.
- Now, reach out for the file .exe file of QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool, choose it and then tap on the option Run.
- After this, you can see the license agreement and you need to click on Yes.
- After the QBs Install Diagnostic Tool is installed in your system, you need to restart the system to access it.
- Firstly, reach out to the QBs Diagnostic Tool.
- Tap on the button Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool to perform the scan.
- In a few minutes’ time, the scan process will be completed and your error will be resolved.
- After the repair process is finished, you have to restart the PC and assure that all the important components of QuickBooks are updated or not.
This tool by Intuit can also solve different types of install errors in QBs. You can go for the installation of the Quickbooks Tool hub to use the Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Method 2: Reinstallation of .Net Framework
Reinstallation of .Net Framework on Windows might help to fix Quickbooks event ID 4 error due to the Incompatibility of Microsoft .Net Frameworks with the third-party applications and the warnings and errors come up in the Windows Event log.
- On your keyboard, hold the Windows + R key together to access the Run Window on your system.
- In the search field, type in Appwiz.cpl command and press the enter button.
- Navigate to the Program and Features list and choose Microsoft .Net framework.
- After this, choose the options Uninstall/Change for uninstalling the .Net Framework from your PC.
- After it has been successfully uninstalled, you have to restart your computer system.
- Now, navigate back to the Program and Features list.
- Go to the left panel and tap on the option Add/Remove Window.
- A list of programs will be displayed, you need to tap on the Microsoft .Net framework to expand.
- Mark up the first & second check boxes from the list and choose the option OK.
- Do as per the instructions seen on the desktop screen to uninstall the MS framework installation completely.
- After it has been successfully uninstalled, install the latest upgraded version of the Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Lastly, restart the system and access the QuickBooks software again.
Method 3: Reinstallation of QuickBooks Via the Clean Install Tool
It is always advisable to back up your QBs company file for avoiding any valuable data loss before you try to resolve the errors. Follow the below steps to know the procedure for the reinstallation of the QuickBooks software via the Clean Install Tool.
- Firstly, you need to visit the official Intuit website and look for downloading the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Find the downloaded .exe file of QuickBooksToolHub and click on it.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen and accept the terms and conditions and then tap on the Next button.
- Browse for a directory location for installing the Tool and tap on the option Finish.
- After a successful installation of the Quickbooks tool hub, reach out to the fifth tab named Installation Issue.
- Tap on the option of Clean Install Tool.
- After this, you are needed to click on the option I Agree and then go for the version of Quickbooks you are using.
- Lastly, tap on the option Continue and click on the button OK.
Method 4: Using QuickBooks File Doctor
In case any of the solutions help in making your system error-free then there’s a possibility of a damaged Quickbooks company file, which is quite a rare thing. This problem can cause the Quickbooks event log error 4 in your computer system and hinder your work.
- Firstly, you need to download and install the Quickbooks Tool hub by going through method 3.
- After the tool has been successfully installed, run the QBs Tool Hub.
- Go to the tab Company file issue.
- Within the tab Company file issue, choose the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Under the QB File Doctor, make use of the drop-down list for finding the company file to fix the error or you can use the browse option for searching the company file.
- After choosing the Company file in the search bar, then you have to select the section Show Advance Setting and choose an option as per the damage and error in your file
File Damage and Network Connectivity
This option can be used in case the user is encountering both file damage and network connectivity issues in the QBs company file. This kind of damaged network connection can also lead to quickbooks error 6123. Keep an eye on any such errors.
Check File Damage
This option can only be used in case there is only a file damage issue experienced by the user.
Check Network Connectivity
This option can only be used in case there are network connectivity issues and errors encountered by the user.
- Of all the three options, choose the second option Check File Damage Only.
- After this, enter the Administrator credentials on prompting of the next page window.
- After carrying out all the above steps, the Quickbook file doctor (QFD) will begin scanning the company file for determining the error.
- After a few minutes, the process of scanning will be completed and you are required to restart your computer system.
- Lastly, check whether you are able to access the QuickBooks company file or not.
Quickbooks Event ID 4 is a type of QuickBooks error that can be seen when the QBs software is being operated with some damaged or corrupted files. In this post, we have tried to bring together all the significant concepts related to QuickBooks Error Event ID 4 such as its causes for occurrence, how to identify it and the solutions to fix it.
We hope you are satisfied with our efforts and have helped you in resolving the problems that you were facing in your system. In case you are still stuck somewhere, then you can read our other articles on our official website.