Quickbooks Firewall Error is a type of error that basically happens in the Quickbooks software when you try to open the QBs company file. This is a basic definition of the error and going forward in this article, we will be discussing all these errors from their causes, signs to identify and the easy and quick solutions to fix the QuickBooks firewall error. But to start with, we will learn a bit about what QuickBooks is.
QuickBooks, an Intuit-developed software, is becoming popular and used widely by small-sized and medium-sized enterprises, and business firms. Its advanced features have been an asset as it helps in tracking daily reports of employees, creating tax bills and finance reports, managing inventories and other stocks.
But all this bright side of QuickBooks is not acceptable by many users as it has many issues occurring in its software including various bugs, errors, technical glitches, etc. Today, we are focusing on one such error that can occur in your system: Quickbooks Firewall Error. Read the article till the end and you will be well-equipped with all the necessary knowledge needed.
QuickBooks Firewall Error: Introduction
Quickbooks firewall error is a type of error that basically happens in the Quickbooks software when you try to open the QBs company file. It can be seen various times that QBs users are encountering this error. This error interrupts the connection between QuickBooks Desktop and the QBs company file.
When this error occurs, you will see a message coming up on the screen: “It appears that the Quickbooks software on computer OWNER-PC is set up to allow shared access to the company file, but the Quickbooks software on your computer is unable to communicate with it.”
The above text shows that the user has to configure the settings of the firewall once again for fixing this error from the system. Quickbooks multi-user mode firewall errors mostly come when the users upgrade the Quickbooks software or the OS to its latest upgrade release.
Factors Supporting QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Firewall Error
This is one of the important things to have knowledge of the reasons behind QuickBooks Firewall Error as it will assist you in easy resolving of the Quickbooks firewall error. There are many factors that support Quickbooks firewall error to prevail in the system. Some of the reasons have been given below.
- The firewall system installed has not been properly configured and installed on the network.
- In case of losing the server connection, a QuickBooks firewall error can be seen.
- The Quickbooks Database Server Manager is not operating on the Server.
- In case of damaged or missing QBW file with .ND extension, then the Quickbooks multi-user mode firewall error can occur.
- The Domain Name System (DNS) setting is wrong.
After the identification of the error and knowing the causes, you need to resolve the error as soon as possible. Follow the solutions below.
Quickbooks Firewall Error: 7 Solutions to Fix
We have compiled a few of the useful solutions below that will surely help you in eliminating this QuickBooks Firewall Error. You just need to follow each and every step carefully.
Solution 1: Using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Firstly, launch the tool after double-clicking on the icon.
- Tap on the Programs option.
- Now, Click on Run QB file doctor.
- A scan to detect errors will begin. Wait patiently till the scanning process gets finished. The file doctor will now scan and fix the error on its own.
Solution 2: Modifying the Settings of Firewall
No doubt, that you have to make some modifications in the Firewall settings in order to fix the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error. Let’s see the procedure.
- Firstly, access the default Browser.
- Tap on the option Tools.
- Reach out to the Firewall settings.
- Within the Firewall Settings, go to the option Exceptions.
Add the exceptions mentioned below to the firewall.
Solution 3: Checking the Firewall Settings
- Check the firewall settings to make sure that the QuickBooks software has permission to access it.
- You can check the firewall provider’s website for detailed steps.
- If you can open QBs and the company file with the network you are using then the error is fixed.
Solution 4: Verify Hostings
In case, you are using Qbs in multi-user mode then you must know that only one system should host the QB company file. You can turn on the hosting by using Database Server Manager to scan the company file.
- First Turn off the hostings in all systems.
- From the QB file menu, choose the option ‘Utilities’.
- After this, Tap on ‘Stop multi-user access.’
- Tap on Yes if any confirmation message gets pops up.
- Now Turn on the Hosting on the server
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard to open the Taskbar.
- In the column of the Image name, find QBDBMgrN.exe. Make sure that QuickBooks is running on the server.
- There is a chance that you will be required to log in as the admin to execute the next steps:
- Open Run window.
- Write services.msc in the box and hit OK.
- Find the QuickBooksDBXX file which is running like- QuickBooks 2018: QuickBooksDB28
- Make sure that it is an Automatic startup type and has begun just recently.
- Check the username is proper in the row of QBDBMgrN.exe.
- There is a point to note that the username will depend on the version of QB you are using like:
- QB Desktop 2018: QBDataService28.
Solution 5: Network Data File
For your knowledge, we want to tell you that Network Data File (.nd) file is a QB file that stores all the information of the active system that has all QB company files. This file is generated automatically when you open the company files or try to scan the folder of QuickBooks.
Below is the list of detailed steps to perform this solution properly.
- Close all the windows related to QuickBooks.
- Visit the folder containing company files.
- Locate the file with the .nd extension.
- Right-click on it and choose to Delete it.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub to start the process of Scan with the QB Database Server Manager.
- Select Network Issues.
- Then pick the option of QuickBooks Database Server Manager and choose Scan.
- After the scan is completed, click on Close.
- Open QB installation folder. Check whether you have the .nd file or not.
- If you do not find the files with the .nd extension then follow the next solution.
Solution 6: Give Permissions to the Company File Folder
The folder containing the QBs company file must have the required permissions to transfer the files. You have to set the permissions in the correct way. Here is the process:
- Reach out to the Company file folder and right-click on the file.
- Choose the Properties option and then Security.
- Tap on the Edit tab and choose QBDataServiceUserXX. Then pick the option of Full Control.
- Select Allow and then Apply. This will save the changes made by you.
- Hit OK.
Note: You can also download the (QuickBooks firewall error windows 7) repair tool for repairing this QuickBooks firewall error.
Solution 7: Configuring Windows and Third-Party Firewall
To fix the Quickbooks Firewall error, you have to do the configuration of your Windows and a third-party firewall. This solution has been distributed in two steps:
Step 1: Via Quickbooks Setup
- Firstly, assure that the QuickBooks installed in your system is the latest updated version and if not you must upgrade it to the latest release.
- After this, sign in to the QuickBooks application as an Admin with the administrator credentials.
- In case QuickBooks is running as an Administrator account or it has a shield on the desktop icon which means the elevated mode then you also have to run Axis as Administrator.
- Now, the user has to verify that the system meets the specific system requirements to make use of Zed Axis System Requirements.
- After performing all the above steps, exit all the crashed instances of QuickBooks (qbw32.exe), through the Windows Task manager icon located on the computer desktop.
- While performing the task, close all the QuickBooks-related programs and just keep one company file open in your system. Keep your eye on a sudden message that might appear that says, Crash: Com Error.
- In case a user connects to QuickBooks directly and is not able to delete or remove the previous old connection, then you have to follow the path by tapping on the option Edit.
- Under the option Edit, Choose Preference List and then go to the Integrated Application List.
- Lastly, the user will have to build a new connection.
Step 2: Refreshing the Quickbooks Interface Files
For resolving the Quickbooks firewall error, the user is required to refresh the QBs Interface files continuously using the steps below.
- It is advisable for all the users to create a backup of the QuickBooks company file for avoiding any kind of valuable data loss from your system.
- Now, the user has to browse for the file Reeboot.bat.
- You can find this file in the C: Drive in your system.
- Now, tap on the Program file and reach out for the option Intuit.
- Right mouse click on the Quickbooks icon and select the option Run as Administrator.
- Lastly, the user will have to restart the computer system and try again to connect the system to one another.
You might also like, Repair Quickbooks error THE FILE EXISTS and Quickbooks Error Online 9999.
Quickbooks firewall error is an error that generally happens in Quickbooks when you try to access the QBs company file. This article consists of all the related aspects of QBs firewall error such as the causes for occurrence and methods to troubleshoot this error.
We hope that the content of our article suits every problem encountered by you. In case you are still in trouble due to such types of errors, then you can take IT assistance from an experienced professional in this field. You can also get in touch with the QuickBooks customer care team via call, email, or chat process. If you are satisfied with us, do read our other articles published on our official website.